The holidays are just around the corner and that means it’s time for festive fun! Seattle has plenty of activities that bring on that winter spirit and cheer that you can enjoy with your friends and family.
- Sheraton Gingerbread Village: Want to see incredible and meticulous creations all made out of delicious looking food? Then the Sheraton Gingerbread Village is for you! Located in the Sheraton Hotel downtown, this display includes elaborate gingerbread creations made by Seattle’s top chefs and architects. Admission is free, with any donations going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
- Ice Skating: Bundle up in your cutest winter clothes and hit the rinks! Ice skating is the ideal winter activity to bond with friends and a romantic winter date. Highland Ice Arena in Shoreline offers open skating on most weeknights and some weekends and the Winterfest Ice Skating Rink in Seattle Center offers ice skating every day of the week.
- Snowflake Lane: Located in Bellevue Square, Snowflake Lane brings in the holiday cheer with a live performance every night until the 24th of December. See “Jingle Bell Dancers” and take photos with reindeer and snowmen! Plus every night there is a festive “snowfall” if you are wishing for a white winter!
- Candy Cane Lane: Less than a mile from Roosevelt, Candy Cane Lane is decked out with lights and décor to get you in the holiday spirit. Located right off Roosevelt Boulevard on Park Road, you can take Candy Cane Lane by foot or if it is a little too chilly just by car.
- Holiday shows: Hit the town and see one of many holiday productions in the Seattle area. Some of the local shows include Pacific Northwest Ballet’s “The Nutcracker”, The 5th Avenue Theatre’s “The Little Mermaid”, and ACT Theatre’s “A Christmas Carol”, just to name a few. Students can see these shows for a discounted price of $5 through TeenTix.
graphic by: Maggie Udd